LDL/5695/5260 Technical Specialist (Application Support)
Date Posted: 08/06/2012
Closing Date: 29/06/2012
£27,849 - £37,206
An opportunity has arisen within the ICT Service for a Technical Specialist in ICT Systems Support. The post supports all agreed business requirements and programme/project implementation and assists the delivery of this complex support to Liverpool Direct Limited customers.
This is a permanent post working 5 days (flexible across 7) normally Monday to Friday.
Candidates should be effective team players with proven leadership ability in small teams. They will demonstrate personal commitment and accountability to ensure service standards and applications maintenance are continuously sustained and improved both within the internal teams and partner organisations.
Key requirements include a track record of change or service delivery and continuous service improvement within an application support environment. You will be customer service focussed; coordinating and personally delivering to the highest professional standards. The post holder needs to be self motivated, with the ability to work with many varied ICT technical teams at all levels as well as be a key point of contact for application support both in and out of the operational hours of LDL.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent performance record in application support and service delivery and will have demonstrable experience, skills and abilities in the following areas in particular;
- Proven background in an application support environment, including support of Capita One V3 & V4 migrations or equivalent children's Social care system
- Crystal reporting skills and an ability to understand and implement releases, upgrades and changes in accordance with a prescribed change process
- Team Leadership
- Workload and resource coordination to meet time-critical targets
- Coordination of multiple priority work-streams to deliver to SLA and project targets while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Customer-focus and a strong service ethos to drive ownership of issues through to resolution
- Problem ownership, management and resolution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Development of positive working relationships with a wide range of people
- Good understanding of the impact of technical or service issues on commercial risk.
Liverpool Direct Limited is committed to lead, innovate and
place the customer at the heart of everything we do to achieve
Closing date: 6pm, Friday 29 June
Job Description and Person Specification for Technical Specialist
To apply please use the following:
Liverpool Direct Limited is a joint venture company between
Liverpool City Council and British Telecom. Its staff are employed
by the Council and seconded to LDL.
Please note that Liverpool Direct Limited is currently undertaking a job evaluation programme. As a result, the grades and salaries that are applied to all jobs covered by the National Joint Council for Local Government Services are to be reviewed. This may mean that the salary payable could be amended, in the future, and any such amendment may represent an increase or a decrease to the salary currently payable.